Here at Moseley Benefice, you are likely to see a number of different faces leading our worship, as we are blessed to have 6 people in our Ministry Team, as well as a number of retired clergy who also assist:
- Revd Duncan Strathie – Vicar. Duncan was licenced to the Benefice as Vicar in October 2015 and is a full-time priest. Duncan has a keen interest in the development of inter-faith relationships in our community, and has also led a ‘Vision 13’ process for re-envisioning why St Mary’s Church is here and how together, we can best serve God and the local community.
- Revd Professor Frank Berry – Assistant Priest. Frank has been a part-time assistant priest in the Benefice since 2007 and also acts as a Bishops’ Inspector for Ministerial Training. Professionally he is a scientist and is Honorary Professor of Chemistry at The University of Birmingham.
- Revd Caroline George – Assistant Priest. Caroline joined the Benefice in October 2011 as a part-time assistant priest. As well as leading worship, Caroline co-ordinates the Benefice Charitable Giving Group and contributes significantly to the pastoral work of the Benefice.
- Revd Sara Moore - Curate. Sara joined us in July 2020 to serve her curacy, after two years of training for ministry at the Queen’s Foundation. Sara was ordained at the Cathedral on Saturday 19th September 2020.
- Jonathan Hodgson – Reader Emeritus. Jonathan describes himself as the 'old stager' of the Team! He has been worshipping at St Mary's since the early 1970's and was licensed as a Reader in 1995.
- Mark Simons – Lay Reader. Mark was licensed as a Reader in 2018. Mark is also our Verger and is our Site Services Manager from Monday to Friday!
- Peter Alcock - Lay Reader. Peter is a Third Order Franciscan with a background in Theology, family and dog walking. He is interested in developing the contemplative, ecological and socially engaged dimensions of parish life - and lots of other things too!
Also in the team, we have:
- Rachel Kinning - Intergenerational Ministry Coordinator. Rachel joined the team in September 2019. She runs our Children's Groups and is also responsible for enhancing our work across the generations.
- Mick Perrier - Director of Music. Mick has faithfully served St Mary's Church for over 40 years as Director of Music and still has boundless enthusiasm for all things music-related!
- Fiona Chew and Trish Everett - Benefice Support Managers. Fiona and Trish have shared this role since November 2017. They are based in the Church office and are the first point of contact for all general enquiries, plus those relating to weddings, baptisms, funerals and hire of our facilities.